The University Master Degree Innovative Hospitality Management, adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), wiht 60 ECTS, is the result of an international collaboration between the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi affiliated to the ESADE Foundation and member of Ramon Llull University (Barcelona, Spain) and the Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM) of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences (Maastricht, the Netherlands). This one-year program, held in association with the Oxford School of Hospitality Management (Oxford, UK), is directed at graduates with a particular interest in the creative and multicultural aspects of the hospitality industry.
The three pillars of the Innovative Hospitality Management program are:
INNOVATION: Consolidate and apply research methods to the international hospitality industry.
HOSPITALITY: Fine tune multicultural interpersonal skills in order to offer experiences of the finest quality for guests.
MANAGEMENT: Develop leadership and strategic management skills for demanding positions in international hospitality management.
Learning Environment:The institutions behind this master in hospitality strive for excellence, which is why all specialization courses are conducted by renowned lecturers (both Ph.Ds and international experts). The state-of-the-art curriculum and surroundings contribute to its vibrant academic environment.
Our teaching methodology is based on:
- Stimulation of critical thinking and transforming management problems into opportunities from a multidisciplinary and multicultural perspectives.
- Teaching both concepts and theories of business administration, as well as requiring our students to perform practical exercizes.
- A comprehensive program that allows for personalization and flexibility.
Our learning environment includes academic lectures, team work, coaching, case studies, contact with professionals, cross-cultural experience, educational trips, research projects, virtual learning, guest speakers and an international work placement.
Leadership Competencies: Nothing will change if we remain the same. We, the people working in hospitality, will be the ones in charge ofmaking it an interesting field for personal and professional growth. Competencies monitored includepersonal development, communication skills, intercultural, leadership and networking skills. Typical issues which will be addressed in this master in hospitality program include:
Personal development and self-management
Interpersonal relations & team work
Cross-cultural awareness, self-development and management
Ethics and social responsibility commitment
International Dimension: in tourism, travel comes with the territory, and the master in hospitality program 'Innovative Hospitality Management' is certainly no exception. Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city with a Mediterranean lifestyle. Maastricht, a city famous for its typical southern hospitality is ideally located in the very heart of northwest Europe.
Both cities share similar life values and a friendly atmosphere. We also share a broad world vision of the world, regarding cultures and the profession; varied student backgrounds and study environments are a must for integrating into the worldwide hospitality community.
The master program attracts students from all over the world. Not surprising, since HMSM is considered the number 1 Hotel Management School in the Netherlands, and its top 10 ranking of Hotel Management Schools worldwide. HTSI with its close relationship with the UNWTO and its international reputation is ranked as one of the top Spanish tourism and hospitality management schools.
Number of ECTS: 60 ECTS
Degree Obtained:Master Universitario en Innovación y Gestión Hotelera / Innovative Hospitality Management por la Universidad Ramon Llull (A European Higher Education Area Official University Master Degree awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Education)
Teaching universities:School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (Barcelona-Spain) / Hotel Management School Maastricht (Maastricht-The Netherlands)
Teaching Language: English
Branch of Knowledge: Social Sciences
Year of implementation: This master started in 2003. The latest review was in 2012
Starting date: September 2016
Finishing date:September 2017
Professional Placement: A term in any country in the world (visa permitting)
- A minimum of a 3 years university degree at a Bachelor level
- As the program is delivered in English, proficiency in English is required. Click here for further information.
- Hospitality and cross-cultural values
- Application Form + Official university degree + Certificate starting that the university qualification obtained enables the candidate to enroll in a master program in their home country + English Language - - Certification accredited (C1 Level) + 2 letters of recommendation + 1 motivation letter + Academic transcript of records + updated curriculum vitae
- Intake Interview
Information and admission period:Rolling applications are accepted all year round.
Price: 14.500€ (Click here for further information)
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi: C/ Marqués de Mulhacén 40-42 (Campus ESADE Pedralbes. Building 2). Barcelona. España.
- Hotel Management School Maastricht: Bethlehemweg 2. 6222 BM Maastricht. The Netherlands